There are 12 Continuing Education Units included with this course.
Financial Coaching is designed to help counselors and coaches who want to understand more about crucial money issues. Coaches will learn beneficial information on how to coach clients through investing, major purchases, spending plans, financial statements, spending, debt, and more.
- MLCF 101: Introduction to Financial CoachingThis session looks at the role and definition of a Christian Financial Coach including what a Christian Financial Coach “is not”. Ethics and confidentiality are also discussed.
- MLCF 102: The Psychology of MoneyThis session looks at the importance of the psychology of money and how understanding money “personalities” is critical to successful financial coaching. Dr. Murphy utilizes the Expectancy-Value Theory of Fishbein.
- MLCF 103: Personal Financial StatementsThis session covers assets, liabilities, net worth, statements of net worth, and cash flow statements.
- MLCF 104: Time Value of MoneyIn this session, coaches are provided detailed information about understanding simple and compound interest, principal, and various forms of interest rates. Emphasis is placed on helping clients understand the value of money over time.
- MLCF 105: Developing Spending PlansThis session deals with the critical elements of helping clients create a spending plan (budget) that will help them live within their means and achieve short and long term financial goals.
- MLCF 106: Spending and DebtThis session focuses on why people spend and how they can get into debt. Dr. Murphy helps coaches understand a client’s motives and struggles and gives practical advice for understanding debt and reducing or eliminating debt
- MLCF 107: InvestingThis session covers the basics of investment as well as goals and strategies. It also looks at risk factors, risk-return, and the value of diversification in helping coaches support clients in meeting their long-term investment goals.
- MLCF 108: Major Purchases – AutoThis session addresses the purchase of an automobile and other related financial decisions. Key information is provided to help coaches give direction to their clients in making the right decisions regarding automobile purchases and financing programs.
- MLCF 109: Major Purchases – HomeThe largest financial decision most clients will ever make is the purchase of a home. This session provides coaches with basic information about home ownership, mortgage rates and plans, taxes, insurance, and related details needed to help clients make good choices.
- MLCF 110: Protecting AssetsThis session covers basic information about protecting financial assets through various forms of insurance. Life insurance, health insurance, personal property insurance, disability, and long-term care insurance plans are discussed.
- MLCF 111: Retirement PlanningThis session details retirement planning from 401K’s and IRA’s to Social Security benefits and programs. It helps coaches with a client’s questions and concerns regarding when to start retirement planning and how to decide—“How much will be enough?”
- MLCF 112: TaxesA successful financial coach must understand the tax system. This session covers all aspects of personal and business taxes and gives coaches information to help their clients navigate a confusing and ever-changing tax system. Details such as estate planning, wills, and trusts are covered.
NOTE: This is a No Video Provided (NVP) Course. Your purchase includes the workbook and online test only. Videos are not included. NVP Courses are designed for use in small groups where one member has purchased the full course with the videos and additional workbooks are needed. If you do not already know someone who has the videos, you will need to purchase the full course as the videos are not included in this purchase option.