There are 12 Continuing Education Units included with this course.
***This course is not approved for NBCC credit.
Health and Wellness Coaching is designed to address the national epidemic of poor lifestyles. This course will provide coaches with the knowledge and skills to effectively guide clients to a healthier holistic state, and enable them to train those clients to make lifestyle changes that will carry them to healthier futures.
- MLCHW 101: Biblical Foundations for WellnessWe are facing a health crisis in America. Drs. Tim Clinton and Judi Quilici-Timmcke set the stage for the series by summarizing the major health issues facing Americans today. They also outline the biblical foundation for physical health and how Christians should view their physical wellness.
- MLCHW 102: Health Wellness Assessment: Where to StartThis session gives practical tips for conducting an initial assessment with clients. Dr. Hart Weber gives tools to help complete an in-depth assessment of a coaching client’s health and medical history as well as getting information on lifestyle, stress factors, and other issues critical to creating a good health and wellness plan.
- MLCHW 103: Nutrition 101: Understanding the Updated Basics of Good NutritionAll Health Coaches must have a fundamental understanding of good nutrition. Nutritionist Dr. Judi Quilici-Timmcke offers the latest information on the often confusing topic of what to eat in order to maintain good health.
- MLCHW 104: Physical Fitness: Helping Individuals Create a Maintainable Plan for FitnessThis session covers the basics of good physical fitness and helps coaches understand how to work with each client individually to create a physical fitness plan that works. Considerations such as age, lifestyle, and health concerns are covered.
- MLCHW 105: The Psychology of Weight ManagementMost people know what they should eat and what they should not eat in order to lose weight and maintain good health. Education is only part of the battle. The psychological and spiritual issues that surround an individual’s relationship with food are a large part of weight problems and the ongoing “battle of the bulge”. Dr. Mintle looks at the emotional side of eating and helps coaches find strategies to help their clients get unstuck.
- MLCHW 106: The Stress Epidemic: Battling the Enemy of WellnessStress is an epidemic in the United States. It affects all aspects of overall heath and is related to the major medical issues facing Americans. Drs. Hart and Hart Weber are experts on stress and its effects on both the mind and the body. They give insights and practical tips for coaches to guide their clients through effective stress management.
- MLCHW 107: Sleep: A Foundation for Good HealthMore and more research shows that good sleep is an essential foundation of good health and that a lack of sleep can lead to a myriad of physical and emotional problems. Dr. Arch Hart discusses the importance of sleep and how to coach clients into getting the rest they need for healthy minds and bodies.
- MLCHW 108: Brain Health: Wellness for One of Your Most Important Vital OrgansBrain expert, Dr. Daniel Amen, describes the importance of keeping one’s brain healthy and offers nutritional and lifestyle recommendations to caring for this vital and often overlooked aspect of wellbeing.
- MLCHW 109: Pain: Helping Clients Manage Chronic Pain ConditionsMany Americans struggle with chronic pain conditions such as back pain, arthritis, fibromyalgia, and migraines. Dr. Eberly gives practical information and recommendations on coaching those battling chronic pain.
- MLCHW 110: Men’s Health: Working Toward Wellness in MenThis session focuses on the primary health issues facing men and the unique challenges of coaching men for good health.
- MLCHW 111: Women’s Health: Working Toward Wellness in WomenThis session focuses on the primary health issues facing women and the unique challenges of coaching women for good health.
- MLCHW 112: Fit for Christ: The Practice of Health CoachingA practicing health coach will detail how she works with clients from their initial session and the gathering of information to encourage coaching clients and help them make lasting changes with their faith in Christ as the primary motivation.
NOTE: This is a No Video Provided (NVP) Course. Your purchase includes the workbook and online test only. Videos are not included. NVP Courses are designed for use in small groups where one member has purchased the full course with the videos and additional workbooks are needed. If you do not already know someone who has the videos, you will need to purchase the full course as the videos are not included in this purchase option.