There are 12 Continuing Education Units included with this course.
***This course is not approved for NBCC credit.
This course is designed to provide an overview of the burgeoning field of life coaching. Caregivers will discover foundational principles of coaching, learn how to start a coaching business, and explore practical and scriptural aspects of life coaching.
- MLC 101: Coaching: The New Helping RelationshipCoaching is a vital new helping field that is growing daily. Dwight Bain and Catherine Hart Weber help you understand this new skill and how it differs from other helping professions such as counseling
- MLC 102: Christian Coaching: Scriptural and Spiritual FoundationsThis panel of experts explores the biblical basis for the field of coaching and provides theological grounding as you launch into this new area of study
- MLC 103: Theory & Practice: Developing a Model for Effective ChangeThere are many theories and models of coaching. Christian counselor and life coach, Georgia Shaffer, explains some of the basic theories and helps you understand how to develop an effective model of life coaching that will help your clients make effective changes in all areas of their lives
- MLC 104: Relationships and Communication: Core Coaching SkillsSome of the core skills for the coaching profession are the same as the counseling profession: building a relationship and learning to effectively communicate with the client. Dr. Catherine Hart Weber helps you develop the core skills of building rapport, listening, and other foundational techniques
- MLC 105: Facilitating Learning and Change: Advanced Coaching SkillsIn this lesson, Georgia Shaffer helps you learn some advanced coaching skills. You will also view helpful roleplays to facilitate building your advanced skills
- MLC 106: Assessment and Resources in CoachingYou will need a set of tools to be an effective coach. Life Coach and Executive Leadership Coach, Dr. Richard Eley, helps you build an effective toolbox for coaching by giving you valuable resources and assessment instruments
- MLC 107: Ethical Guidelines and Professional Standards in Coaching“Trust is everything,” according to Life Coach, Dwight Bain. He leads you through basic ethical guidelines and standards of practice for this new field of life coaching. He also teaches you how to build and maintain trust with your clients—the most critical tool of effective life coaching
- MLC 108: Coaching as Ministry and Spiritual CareLife Purpose Coach, Katie Brazelton talks about the importance of life coaching as a ministry of the local church and shows you how it can be a key to helping individuals find their God-given purposes in life. Katie demonstrates techniques and teaches keys to spiritual care in coaching
- MLC 109: The Business of CoachingBeing a highly skilled coach will prove pointless if you have no clients! Dwight Bain helps you understand the “business” of coaching and how to build a thriving and financially viable practice in Life Coaching while helping people improve their lives
- MLC 110: New Directions: Specialty CoachingThere are many types of coaching, from executive coaching to spiritual coaching to divorce coaching. This panel of expert coaches helps you explore possible specialties and gives you keys for determining your niche in the field of coaching
- MLC 111: Coaching for Creativity and InnovationsAll of the AACC Life Coaching faculty shares their creative techniques for Life Coaching. This lesson will offer you techniques and practices that will help you help your coaching clients make progress and experience breakthroughs
- MLC 112: The Future of Christian CoachingIs Life Coaching a fad or does it have a real future? Coach, Dwight Bain gives his view of the future of Christian coaching and helps explore its role in your future
- MLC BS101: The Top Secrets to Marketing Success as a CoachWithout marketing, a terrible thing happens—nothing! This session will focus extensively on the importance of developing a business plan and how to strategically find clients who best fit your skills and services