There are 12 Continuing Education Units included with this course.
***This course is not approved for NBCC credit.
Man was created in relationship, through relationship and for relationship. This series highlights the various ways in which coaches can empower clients in their personal relationships. Relational experts discuss the ways in which attachment style and family or origin experiences influence emotions and behavior. Practical tips and insights are provided on topics such as sexual attraction and boundaries, communication styles and differences, forgiveness and reconciliation, understanding codependency and how to manage difficult coaching relationships.
- MLCR 101: Introduction to Relationship CoachingThis course will provide the listener with an overview of Relationship Coaching and practical ways to prepare to be a relationship coach. The speakers offer practical and biblical insights and share their personal thoughts and experiences.
- MLCR 102: God Attachment: Why you believe, Act, and feel the Way You DoThis course focuses on relationship types and attachment types that individuals have and how they impact one’s relationship with God. Dr. Straub explains the ways in which God created each of us for relationships and what that means from a coaching perspective.
- MLCR 103: Starving for Relationships: Attachment Wounds and Love HungerTeens today are hurting. They are starving for relationships, and in the process, are being harmed for life in knowing how to handle relationships. Teens who are affected by sexual abuse, father abandonment, divorce, and separation contribute to this epidemic. In this lesson, participants will discuss attachment wounds and how to help teens overcome them by learning how to forgive and accept those who have hurt them.
- MLCR 104: Understanding Your EmotionsMany think emotions are irrational and difficult to understand. Dr. Stoop in this lesson attempts to provide rational understanding of emotions that will enhance our emotional health and interpersonal relationships.
- MLCR 105: Managing Anger in Our RelationshipsAnger can destroy not only the people around a person, but it can eat at the very soul of the individual who harbors it in his life. But is all anger wrong? When is anger justified? This lesson points out the destructive process anger takes in a person’s life and how others successfully manage this powerful emotion.
- MLCR 106: Rapid Relationship Connection Strategies for CoachesDwight Bain uses multiple visual aids to connect aspects of connection strategies with the observer. He has established creative ways to give knowledge to coaches on how to broadcast who they are and what they do with/for potential clients.
- MLCR 107: Connecting: Communication and Effective Listening SkillsListening is an important skill that you as a relationship coach must master in order to be effective with a client. Dr. Eric Scalise presents some key elements to communication and the differences between communication and listening for men and women.
- MLCR 108: LUV Talk: a Communication Method for the Rest of UsThe battle between the sexes began in the garden as a consequence of the fall. Michael Smalley discusses one of the most powerful methods to eliminating divorce – learning how to communicate during conflict.
- MLCR 109: Beyond Codependency: Regaining a Sense of SelfJennifer Cisney and Debbie Laaser examine the concepts of codependency and dysfunction in the realm of addiction. They also discuss the “losing of self” characteristic within codependent relationships as well as the various treatment recommendations for both codependents and addicts.
- MLCR 110: Attraction and Boundaries: Maintaining Sexual PurityMaintaining sexual purity is a challenge whether one is married or single. It is not simply a matter of “just saying no” and trying harder. Sexual purity is a freedom that fuels godly intimacy, deep personal contentment, and sexual satisfaction at its highest. In this lesson, Dr. Worthington blends Scripture with a set of psychological studies to show how people can cope with sexual temptations in everyday life.
- MLCR 111: Forgiveness and Reconciliation: Giving Up ControlForgiveness is an important part of relationships. Without forgiveness relationships can be hindered for both the person needing forgiveness and the person doing the forgiving.
- MLCR 112: Game Over: How to Confront or End a Difficult Coaching RelationshipHave you ever wondered if it was time to end a coaching relationship with a client? Dwight Bain will give you some helpful ideas on when to say, “Game Over”. With simple explanations that you will remember and tips on how to end the coaching relationship.